Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 21: The truth about lies and the best marketing strategy

Yesterday, I bought two books from National Bookstore in Festival Mall Alabang. I bought Seth Godin’s two classic marketing books Meatball Sundae and All Marketers are Liars Story Tellers. These books were suggested by my mentor Tony Hilado.

I immediately read the All Marketers are Liars Story Tellers book. From the first page, I could not stop myself reading. I agree with the concepts Seth Godin presented. The way he delivered it was fantastic.
I have found a lot of good marketing strategy from that book.

I can say is that we all live in a world of lies but a good marketer believed in that lie. Godin presented one glass wine maker as an example. The glass wine maker claimed that the taste of any wine is better using his glass as compared to an ordinary glass. Obviously it’s a lie but lot of wine critics proved that the taste is really different. The wine in his $20 glass tastes really good as compared to an ordinary $1 glass.

So what are we missing here?

The answer is belief.

I have a story to tell. I have been an affiliate of International Marketing Group. I am amazed by the concepts presented during the wealth academy series. Every after the wealth academy series I am fired up. But there’s a problem. I don’t believe that I can sell. That’s why I don’t have sales. My limiting factor is belief. My limiting factor is my belief that I can’t do it.

There’s a saying that goes like this: “If you think you can do it, you’re right. If you think you can’t do it, you’re still right.”

So what’s the point?

My point is our beliefs depend on our own definition of truth. There’s no universal definition of truth (and lie). Truths and lies are all products of our mind. What we believe as true may be considered as a lie to others.
Bottomline is trust in what you believe in; live by it, share it, tell your story and eventually it will sell. That’s the best marketing strategy. That’s why Seth tells us that All Marketers Are Story Tellers.

Gotta read!

No comments:

Post a Comment