Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Journey to The $1 Million in 90 Days Challenge: Day 8 - What You Focus On Grows

I had a realization this morning. Tito Tony asked me the traits of my father, good and bad. As I was replying on his message I realized that my father is doing a good job in providing for the family. He works hard. He works everyday. He works on the scorching heat of the sun everyday. He is good in finding new clients for our business.  

On the other hand, he lacks financial management. He sleeps a lot (especially during midday) even if there are still some clients waiting for their stocks to come. He thinks negatively most of the time. He has this scarcity mentality that he is always short of capital and even fuel for our car.

My dad has all the traits listed above.

Here’s what I realized. What I focused on grows. I focus on my dad’s negative traits or bad habits. This gave me an impression that he’s not a good provider. This gave me a connotation that my dad has this negative mindset.

Well in fact, these things may be true but these traits are not 100% of him. There’s still goodness in him that’s why he works hard. I guess he’s just frustrated because he can’t do things with our approval. He lacks support from our end.

Tomorrow, I’ll change my mindset. Instead of focusing on the negative things, I’ll focus more on the positive things. We’ll wait and see.

I’ll definitely do this tomorrow.

1 comment: