Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 18 : Business Opportunities

Instead of going to the Franchise Expo today, I decided to stay home and finish the office layout for my mom. It is actually a gift for me to talk to her about our family. It’s been a while since I talked to her about the relationships we have as a family. I’m happy that she opened up. I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I’m excited for more tasks from my family.

Also, I met a high school friend today. She introduced me to a new business she’s venturing. It’s called TVIExpress. It is a travel agency site which offers cash rewards for members who invited two more into the business. Though I’m not yet sure if it’s a good investment or what, I need to do some research first.

During our discussion, she told me that our friend (the one introduced the business to her) sold 3 shares ($900) while doing some bank transactions. She was in the bank when a lady asked her about her work. She shared her business (TVIExpress) and the lady was inspired. Right there she brought 3 shares. I was amazed. I need to talk to her to see how she did it.

You see, that’s what I think lacking from my skills pool. If there’s a seminar about selling, marketing and if it is online, I would definitely grab it.

This led me to the idea of my own company. I will call it ePop which stands for elvin peria online projects. The mission of the company is to provide websites for businesses (which is I’m passionate in doing) and to help them market their own sites / ideas (which uses SEO, social promotions etc). Also, it offers online tutorial how to market and how to create sites and how we do business.

Aside from these stuffs, here are my additional learnings for the day (we watched two movies today to relax our mind).
  1. Real relationships are hard to find. If found, handle it with care. – Bulletproof
  2. We all have bad bone but it doesn’t mean we ought to use it. – Igor
  3. Neutrality opens us to more learnings. Bias leads us to stagnation.  
I will be having an exciting day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment