Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Journey to The $1 Million in 90Days Challenge: Day 1 – Decide, Delegate, Duplicate.

Today, I’ll highlight three stories.



Decide! 
I started my day confused. Confused on what to do next? I said to my mentor (Tito Tony Hilado), that I officially start my challenge today July 1, 2010 but I’m not that excited. I still have some doubts on my mind. I still have that wall that needs to be smashed. I even feared of texting my mentor because I still don’t have a Sun number which I promised him that I’ll get yesterday.

Then, I did my daily routine. I prepare for work. While going to work, I’m still thinking if I’ll jump into this challenge or not.

Then, it struck me. What will I lose if I delay this challenge let’s say two to three days? This will give me ample time to talk to Tito Tony more and for me to have his suggested material.  

I told myself. Well, it will not be 90 days anymore. It will be 92 or 93 days. Why? I believe that one thing I’ll learn in this challenge is decision making. And at that moment, I’m deciding whether I will be pushing through or not. So what did I do? I immediately texted my mentor and confirmed him that I’ll start my challenge.

I jumped.

Whatever happens, I know it’s for my own good!

Well, after that I know I chose the right decision.

Delegate!
Tito Tony told me that everytime I have a business idea or anything, I should inform him. Well, I have this business idea ever since I learn internet marketing from Jomar Hilario. These ideas are the following:
  1. Create a website for clients
  2. Create a how to ebook about MS Excel
Here are my mentor’s comments.

Selling my own ‘how to’ ebook is a good thing. This can be done by creating a niche blog about the topic and I should build a reputation as an expert on that field. I need to grow the site’s popularity so it can reach the first page of Google when someone searches that topic.

As to the website creation, he advised me to accept jobs like that but I should be delegating it to someone else. The reason? I have a limited time (24 hours a day), and doing it myself would cost me to sleep less.
Delegating it to someone else would mean more time for me and for the things that I love doing.

Delegating right now is outside of my comfort zone. So this is a new task for me to learn. By the way, I thought of creating a site because I have a client right now who wants me to create a website for him. I still don’t know how to charge him but since I’m in the process of learning how to delegate a task, I asked for help from a friend. I’m currently hoping for his favorable response.

Duplicate!
My mentor asked me this question. What will I be doing (day in and day out) if I have P100Million in an investment earning more for me? He advised me to think really hard with this one. Top of mind, here is my list.
  1. Time with my family – travel, bonding moments
  2. Write more blog articles
  3. Create more websites for friends
  4. Serve the Music Ministry
  5. Do marketing for Laguna Feast
  6. Homeschool my future kid
  7. Help my future wife in building our school for kids/homeschool here in Laguna
I haven’t given him this whole list yet. I’ll think it over again. But I gave him #2 and #3 as an answer then ask this question. If I love doing one particular thing (creating websites/blogging) do I still need to delegate the task?

His answer is this. If you love doing something then make it a full time thing. Setup a company and then create a team (hire employees). This way, you can reach the whole world.

Wow. Nice answer. I totally agree with what he said. This is the path in making a dent in the universe.

Also, he added. Even Jesus needed 12 disciples to spread the word.

Jesus trained the 12 disciples to spread the word then Jesus conquered the world!

What a day!

Excited in waking up tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Elvin, welcome to the 90 day challenge. I'm on day 17 already and have found my life in focused like a hawk eying for it's prey. My challenge for you is to keep going. I hope we can meet in person one day in the Mastermind Group.

    God bless you.
    1 Million in 90 days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joseph. Thank you for the comment. :D Yeah. I know in the future we can all meet and share our stories how we succeeded this challenge. :D

    Hope you're doing well.. Lots of business ideas rushing on me. Excited for the days to come. :D

    God bless you as well.
    Elvin (www.elvinperia.com)

    ReplyDelete