Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 41 : Meeting with the Parish Priest

Supposedly, I’m scheduled to meet the parish priest in Parian to discuss a fund raising activity for their parish. To give you a little background of the story, it goes something like this.

There’s a small parish near our place. From the outside, you’ll never expect that it’s a parish. It looks like an abandoned warehouse from the outside. When you get inside, it really looks like an abandoned warehouse. I guess, you’ll appreciate it if you saw the place. Don’t worry I’ll post some photos in the near future.
There was a plan by a political person that will renovate the parish. However, since he didn’t win the election, it didn’t materialize.

I heard this story from my father so it gave me an idea to have a big project. I never did something like this before so this is really worth a try. I have a goal, I’m looking for projects to have experience with my marketing skills, I wanted to help people/community, and this is my chance. It’s really a win-win-win situation.

So here’s the plan.

First, we need to know how much it would cost to renovate the whole parish. Of course, I’ll have the figure after our discussion (hopefully tomorrow).

Second, I’m thinking of applying the social media marketing in pulling this one off. I’ll use youtube – I’ll let the parish priest create a lot of videos. I’ll use facebook – I’ll post here photos plus status messages of the parish. These two sites will lead to a sales page (optin page) where they can see the donate button. I’m thinking of giving something in return to those people who will donate. I’m thinking of Christmas cards/greeting cards but it depends on the resources.

Then third, promote, promote, promote. I need the help of the parishioners as well as my friends to pull this one off. The parishioners will help the online pages to be viral.

My goal is to reach the target amount of money in less than 50 days (before the end of the challenge).

What do you think?

Excited to meet the parish priest,

No comments:

Post a Comment